Monday 20 December 2010

Thillaalangadi - Tamil Movie Review

Thillaalangadi, which is an out of dictionary Tamil word (I mean, you won't find a meaning for this word, as it is just created by young generation people as one of their college code words) generally used to refer a "Untrustworthy person". Now a days it is becoming a fashion to name movies like "kettavan" which means "Bad Person" or Thillaalangadi. Once there was a time where movies were titled to give a good impression. Now it is in reverse gear. OK back to the point.

The story is just a one liner (was there a story really? I don't think). Krishna (Jayam Ravi) is a kind of person who will do anything for a kick (no, I don't mean the English term Kick). In Tamil the word kick is commonly used to mention a feeling which you get when you consume alcohol. All clear? So, the hero is a kind of person who does anything to get a feel of the kick. He resigns job every now and then as he didn't get a kick feel. Everything is a fun for him. First 30 mins goes without a bore, as the comedy and the expectation, what this boy will end up with because of his strange nature, holds us.

But after 30 mins, trust me, I felt as if I watched the movie for nearly 5 hours. So dragingggggggggggggg. I yawned every 2 minutes. The movie was dragged here and there without any logic. Even a small kid can question like how a person comes from a foreign country after making so many crimes and still turn into a police officer at the end? How a sincere police officer (Shyam) haunting at the back of a criminal turned soft at the end, in just a minute?. Story flies from India to Malaysia to India. Krishna (Ravi) oscillates from a Software Engineer to Lover boy to Thief to Police Officer. Shyam moves as a story listener to police officer to a silly forgiver.

Heroine Dhamana comes all over the movie, but with less importance and less dress. The motto of a heroine is achieved. That's all. Dhamana, I still remember you just because of the movie "Kalloori". Otherwise, you made a zero impression in my mind, I am sorry.

Over all, I would say, "Thillaalangadi is a movie with No story, No logic, and the director didn't know how to make a finish". I really feel bad that now a days movies are making and giving wrong impressions and impact. Jayam Ravi is shown as a person who go after the term "kick".

Frankly any girl, who gives importance to practical life will never go for such a guy. Because, she cannot live peacefully thinking when this person will get bored with her and go for a change. But the ill-fate of cinema, such characters are portrayed as a hero and I know how much impact it makes, especially on the college students. I had a friend in my college, who will behave like the hero character in a latest hit movie. For example, when were in MCA, a movie named "Dheena" got released and he behaved (all his mannerism, speaking tone, dressing) like Ajith.

I am in general, not a great fan of watching movies (and if you have seen most of my reviews, they were of films some 3-4 years back, which means, I watch movies very late after their release). The main reason is, I have no patience to watch movies till end and tell "I have wasted my 3 hours". So I watch movies which are already judged good or at least a time pass one by others.

But movies of few actors I keep in a sure list that it will at least not a boring one if not a great one. Jayam Ravi is one such actor and this belief increased especially after his movie "Santhosh Subramanian". But now, sorry Ravi, I put back you in the list of check before leap (watch).

http://www.digitalbhoomi.in/forums/showthread.php?p=65131

And yes, I forgot to mention earlier. The film has vadivel, Prabhu, Suhashini Maniratnam, Santhanam and lot more characters. But no one made any impact and I really wonder how Prabhu and Suhashini acted in such small role, which has no value, which are not remembered too? They came in just 2 or 3 shots as a whole.

I remember a movie named "Rettai Roja" acted by Ramki, Urvasi and Kushboo (Year of release 1996). In that movie also Suhasini comes for only one scene, but you know I still remember the dialogue she speaks to Urvasi in that single scene "You sold your husband to buy my bungalow. I sold my bungalow to save my husband's life. You are still poor". But Thillaalangadi, I don't even remember when and where and what she came for.

No comments:

Post a Comment