Friday 3 December 2010

Kids are your shadows - Guide them properly

Today, it took me nearly 1 hour to brush my son's teeth. He went all around the house dancing and kept mocking me. But at one point, I became so tired and got angry when he accidentally pushed all the items (paste, brushes) from the shelf. I spanked him. He immediately shouted, cried and raised his hand to spank me back. Though I promised myself not to spank or emotionally hurt my son in anyways, sometimes I break it when things go beyond my crucial point of patience.


When my son raised his hand, though my parental proud got wounded, I realized the truth behind it. What you sow, you will reap it. Not only this incident, many times it happened that my son shouts aloud at me and try to beat me. Even for small matters like not want to have milk, he shouts at an unbearable decibels saying “Amma I don’t want to drink milk”. This is because, once I had that bad habit (I must admit and I feel shame about it) of shouting and spanking him for his mistakes. Though I overcame those depressed days long before, the after effect is still seen precisely. He never does this to his father.

When he commit’s a mistake, even if I politely ask him “Monu, what did you do?”, he shouts and cries in anger to answer my question. But if the same question is asked by his dad, he will hug his neck and with poor innocent tears, he will tell “No accha, I didn’t do that. I tried to keep it proper and it fall accidentally”. I well deserved this, isn’t it?

I got to watch this video recently. How true it is. Kids follow what we say and do. We are the role model to them. They pick everything from us. They learn it from us. I hope my son will forget those short time, I been a bad example to him and learns good things from this new mother.






The original Post - Author, myself

No comments:

Post a Comment