Friday 9 July 2010

A Breeze - Flowing through Heart,

My mind kindled the thoughts of my days as a kid and I'm struggling hard to come out of it.

Gone are those days, where summer vaccations were grand great get togethers used to happen. Uncle, Aunty, Cousins, Sisters, Brothers, Grandma, Grandpa (Periyamma, periyappa, chitti, chittappa, athai, maama, periyathaatha, chinnathaatha) and a lot more gathering in our native and celebrating the Amman Festival, visiting near by waterfalls and we kids always found in our coconut farm with the river on the side.

Now our kids know summer camp where swimming and dancing may be taught. Do they know the value of love and care we shared during our young age?

Gone are those days where we address even Periyappa's (Dad's elder brother) son as "Brother" and no one outside our family circle will know whether he is our own brother or cousin brother. Even my close friends were not aware that only two of them are my own brothers and the rest in the list were my cousin brothers until they attended my marriage, where my own brother was holding my husband's hand (as Mapillai thozhan which means Groom's friend of that day).

Now our kids address even the Periyappa (Badi Paapaa) as Dad's brother and not as their own Periyappa.

Gone are those days, where I thought I will remain young and will remain with the same loved people like my brothers, sisters, grandma and all others. But everything faded. I got detached from a old ring and got attached to a new ring. Though the new ring has its own values, I'm not able to come out of the memories of old ring and sometimes think, "Can't I get it back, atleast for few moments?"

No comments:

Post a Comment