Friday 9 July 2010

The cry that will never be answered.

Today morning, after my husband left to office, I entered into the Toilet. My son didn't get up until that, as he slept late previous night. His usual habit when he gets up is to call "Amma" as the first word. Immediately I need to go to him with my arms open and hug him. Then he will smile and give me a hug back and the day starts good. If I'm in a position not to rush immediately to his bed side, then at least I should say "Monu, amma coming dear". Then he will wait for a while. Else he will start crying as if he lost his mother forever.

Today morning, when I were in toilet, my son called "Amma". I responded back, but he didn't hear it. It was also dark (as winter started in Switzerland). So he started crying from his bottom calling "Amma", as if he got lost in a fair. It really pained me. So I rushed out to take him. I took and hugged him. He sobbed for a while. To divert him, I switched on the TV.

GOD, the first thing was, some bomb blast happened in Iraq and several people died. Kids, babies, toddlers are crying here and there. Not sure, whether their parents are alive or not. I felt a knife piercing through my heart, cutting it deep. I changed the channel and the next was showing last week news about Indonesia Tsunami, where lots of kids lost their parents. Again showed some babies crying. I really felt like shout and cry.

When my son cried, at least after few minutes, I were there to answer him. Who is going to answer those babies and their cries?

My two year old son don't know to eat on his own, don't know to dress on his own, don't know which is good or bad, will eat anything given by me or anyone even if it is poison. He is leading a happy life, because we (his parents) are there all the time, by his side. But what is stored in future to those babies, who turned orphan in one single night?

When I saw those kids face in TV, my mind even without my control replaced it with my son's face and brought tears in my eyes. My heart is heavy. Just to let it out, I'm sharing with you all. May GOD shower mercy on little kids, who know nothing, except their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment