Sunday 11 July 2010

This Life - Is it WORTH?

Right from morning, this question is ringing inside me. Is this worth? Reason behind is....

Today morning I called home and spoke to my parents. In between our conversation, dad told that one of our near by neighbour (whom I address as uncle) passed away. Since he was aged and sick for a while, everyone accepted his demise easily. Though it is a great loss for his family, they consoled themselves saying "GOD didn't make him to suffer more". Actually dad passed this news as a "Just FYI" message only.

But I'm yet to come out of it. I felt something missing inside me. I'm not much close to that uncle neither to his family. We just smiled to each other and say a hi, when got chances to meet face to face. But this news made me to recollect the incident happened to me in 2005.

I went to USA for a project completion. Few weeks after I left, my grandma (dad's mom) passed away in India. But since I were alone in USA and coming back was not that easy, my parents didn't inform me about her demise. I loved her (still love her) a lot. So, they thought that, I might broke down and no one around to console. Hence didn't inform me. When I returned back after 8 months, I got shocked by seeing her photo with a garland in the enterance of our home. I have no words now to explain my feelings at that moment, how I fainted and couldn't believe the news. It took a long time for me to believe that my grandma is no more in this world.

My mind is wandering here and there at this moment. When were young (around 10 years old), my chacha met with a very minor accident. But all our relatives came to meet him in hospital and we young people took it as a family get together and played. Now a days, living in foreign nation, we are not only missing to meet people, but also miss to have a final glance of some parting friends and relatives, who leave this world forever.

I'm out of India for the past 3 years. Till date I missed a lot of activities like my own brother's engagement (thank GOD, I got to attend his marriage atleast), my cousin's marriage, my niece's arrival, and so on....

Often I question myself, "Leaving all our relations and loved ones somewhere, is it worth to live a life outside, just for job opportunities and earnings?". Could be "YES" for sometimes and "NO" for sometimes. But, it is painful when we lost some one whom we wish to meet once, when back to home :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment