Friday 9 July 2010

No matter India or Switzerland, it is SAME everywhere.

My back is aching. I am doing the job of cleaning my apartment everyday, bit by bit as need to hand over it in few days. Don't imagine that I kept the house like a garbage and so now struggling to clean it. Why I am having tedious work is, because here in Switzerland, when you hand over an apartment, it should sparkle at each and every corner, literally. Otherwise, they will rip you off, your deposit, your savings and everything. If you fail to pay the fine, they will damage your reputation by complaining in the police as well as debt collecting office and there by spoil your entire future in Switzerland.

So, is there any law to save tenants? There are few, but a local owner can tackle everything nicely and easily. More over, a owner won't show his ugly face to his tenant if he/she is his own country person. They play all tricks only on foreign tenants and law here is slightly partial towards its people to save them, even if they are wrong.

So, what to say, even in a rich country, people find all cheap tricks to make money. So no need to tell about people in poor country, who longs to get some money in their pocket to buy something tonight. Go through this link to find how the agencies in Switzerland rip off people in the name of cleaniness and damage. Here, 99% of the houses are handled by agencies only.

I remember one of my house owner, who was too greedy and tried to take all our deposit money, back at Bangalore. The reason she told was "Need to paint the house, as it has lots of pencil mark". The funny thing was, it was just 2 months after my marriage (obviously no kid). She thought that we may give money without arguing much (as we are outsider according to her). But I stood strong and said "You gave the house without painting fresh. So we don't need to bear the cost. Also the pencil marks were made by the previous tenants kid, which you only shared at the time I took the house. So I am not ready to pay. If you wish, you can make a complaint on me". Then she shut her mouth and paid our deposit back (but still took a little).

The moral is, people everywhere are same. Just finding ways to make money out of others pockets. So my dear Indian friends, who often say dialogues like "Bloody India / Indians, behaving like beggars and trying to rip me off" and those who have the mind set as all WHITE people are too good and straight forward, just change your opinions. It is same everywhere :)

2 comments: