Friday 9 July 2010

Learn from your kids, the lovely teachers of this world.

Now a days, I watch my son keenly and I feel I am back to the world of learning. I have learned a lot and yet left with a lot to learn from him. We adults think that once when we are out of our school/college, we are much educated and have nothing left out to learn, but just to update the knowledge to cope up with the changing jobs and situations. But it is a big NO. We are still in the learning phase. The very basic level of learning LIFE.

Ego (End of Good, Old friendships?)

How long it will take for you to come out of the situation, once if you had a petty fight/issue with your close friend? May be hours, days or weeks? Sometimes you might have closed that chapter itself saying "She / He is no more my friend". Or sometimes you may continue the friendship, but not with the old "Thick" essence.

Have you ever noticed the innocent kids keeping their ego in their way of friendship? Those petty fights are matters of those moments to them. They don't carry forward it for future investments. Could be the secret of their happiness ever? Forgiving is human nature. Forgetting is God's nature. Kids are human Gods, right?

A world of relatives

How many of you watch yourself when you are in a bus or train? Have you ever realised that your face looks like a pumpking without a smile in it, before saying the other person sitting next to you has a serious look?

Being abroad, the most common thing I see is "Meeting" people from our own country. Though we know the person sitting opposite to us also belongs to our nation, we rarely smile, unless situation occurs to make us say a HI to each other. In the very beginning, I used to smile and greet whom ever I met and when the response was "Oh, who the heck you are?", I reduced it now a days. I just keep a little ray of smile always in the face and make it broad only if I feel the same little ray in the others face.

When I took my son to school for the very first time, two little tenders ran near to my son and smiled, asked his name and offered to play with him. He happily ran with them. I stood there for a while, wondering how quick they make friendship and feel this entire world as their relatives.

Appreciating with whole heart

Do you have the habit of appreciating others when you find something good in them, whether it is a habit or whether it is a dress of them? The answer would be YES, if the other is your close friend or relative. But how many YES will be heard if I put the question as "Do you appreciate a stranger?". Generally it is taken as a bad manner if you go and say "Your saree looks nice" or "You did a good job of helping that old man" to a stranger. But there is no such fence in the kids world.

I loved the way a little gal told my son "Your car looks so nice and colorful. Can I see that?". Oh yes, they both played happily till the end of the train journey. Happiness lies in small words. Why not share those tiny words and brighten others life?

Everything is new

Do you enjoy the same old rain as if it is new? Do you enjoy the everyday train journey to office and take it as a new one every time, taking it as a entire new experience? Or do you complain about your boring daily routines? Time to learn from the kid.

I take my son to the school daily, a same routine. Walk to the tram stop, take a tram, walk to the school and leave him there. Again pick back after few hours. I didn't feel anything new. But now wondering how many things I missed, after watching my son. He showed me a flower on the way to school and told me that it was not there yesterday. I was amazed, how he noticed it. Yes, that flower pot was a new one, kept in that house, which was empty the previous day. I too noticed it, but it didn't strike my head and flow to my heart. I didn't took the effort of enjoying the changes of this world or even time to notice.

Now I too love everyday routine of going to school. My son teaches and shows me something new everyday. We love singing rhymes, clapping hands and running in the road side to school. We take time to watch the singing birds, flowers on road sides, new faces in the tram, new posters inside the tram. I feel light now a days, as I am turning as a kid to enjoy this LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment