Friday 9 July 2010

Parenting - Not that easy.

Parenting is like walking on a rope tied between two mountains. One should be very careful or else, may end with something unexpected.

My son started asking me questions, which sometimes leave me dump. He is just 2.8 years old and not started speaking very clearly. But still, he gives me all challenges of parenting and turned into my Guru, teaching me the real meaning of parenting life.

Few days before he asked me, "Amma, why dogs and cats speak in TV (he watches Scooby and Garfield), but barks and bites when seen outside". I told him, cartoons are just for fun and should not be believed blindly.

But I'm dame sure that my explanation was too poor for a kid of just 2.8 years to understand and of course he was not convienced completely. He was not able to put in words "why TV is not showing real things then", but I understood that he wanted to ask this question by his expressions.

My son loves to sit in water (bath tub) for hours together. Even in this winter, he sits in bath tub atleast for 30 mins before giving bath. Every morning, as soon as his father leaves to office, he starts pulling me towards bathroom to make him sit in the bath tub. Today I refused showing him the snow outside and said "You know it is snowing now and so the water is too cold".

He said nothing and I got involved in my cooking. After sometime, he sat on his potty and took all effort to poop a little. He knows that I'll surely wash him everytime when he poop. Without remembering the words I told him sometime before, I took him to bath tub and started washing. He screamed in Malayalam "Amma liar. Water is not cold". I turned dump again.

Yesterday all of a sudden he came running to me, showed his private part and asked what it is. Though shocked, I managed and said "It is for doing suuushuuu". He just noded his head and left, giving me a sighhh with peace.

But now I'm literally scared, with no clue when and from where he will shoot questions at me. I need to keep myself prepared always to tackle him properly. I don't want to look like a lier or useless dump again.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to drag you to get his work done.These days kids are so smart,we can never prepare well
    for them.
    Good luck for all parents.

    ReplyDelete