Monday 19 July 2010

The tension of a father - Parenting not easy again

The day started good as hubby was at home. Weekends are always good. There is someone to tackle my son. Saturday, the whole family took a walk and crossed the border of Switzerland, entered Germany for shopping. After busting hubby's wallet, I returned so happily dragging my shopping cart. My hubby walked along with my son.

Suddenly my son picked a big stone from the side and asked his dad, "Acchaa, ee kallinae aa valliya carilaikku eriyattae?" which means, dad shall I threw this stone on that big car? His dad was shocked and replied "Monu, acchannukku police station puvaan theer thalpariyamillaa (Monu, dad have no interest for a ride to police station). So, let us drop the plan of pelting stone". My son couldn't understand the relation between the stone and police. So he asked why. My husband replied him that a big police uncle will come and take him if he damages others property.

My son threw the big stone away and picked a small one now. He asked his dad, "Now this is small stone only. I will throw in a small car. Is that OK?" My husband was so nervous that his son may threw the stone any moment before his explanation. So he said, the police uncle will come even for small stone. My son quickly replied, "For small stone, only small police uncle will come. Can't you manage even him". My husband turned dumb and looked at me for help.

I was in no mood to help, as I rarely get chances to enjoy, seeing my husband suffering in my son's hand. So, I kept walking and told them "See you later, if not ended in jail". My son was ready with the stone, and waiting for my husband's permission (thank GOD, he has that manner of seeking permission before doing any activities outside home). My husband, plucked the stone from our son's hand and dropped it, picked him and walked fast from that location, in fear of wasting time running to insurance company and police station.

ohhhh how relax it is to see someone else suffering, especially the who often smiles when I were in trouble and turned mad with the little monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment