Friday 9 July 2010

How dare are you to face Rapiscan?

Thanks to the recent try of a student (on december 25, 2009), to blew the aeroplane off in the air (from Amsterdam to USA), the Rapiscan took its place in airport security check.

To give an intro on Rapiscan, it is the latest scanner system installed in airports, which literally do a naked search on your body, completely. Though the government says that the authorities cannot see your face, a lay man (woman) like me will have doubts like "Do they store these images for any future use?", "How sure are they, that it won't be misused later?", etc...

Authorities are also human beings and so I don't want to believe 100% that they don't think of misusing at any cost. We have seen sick minded people everywhere, like keeping secret cameras in others bathroom or in public toilets, etc...

So is Rapiscan really a boon or curse? Yes, Safety is important, but is our privacy not more important?

I'm sure, I don't have an answer if any of you asks me, what other solutions I can provide for the safety of passengers flying. But then, as a common country woman, I don't like to be searched by a Rapiscan scanner, obviously. Now, seriously I hate to fly and afraid now itself, thinking about my fly for vacations :-(

2 comments:

  1. I first heard about this when I saw an interview where ShahRukh Khan said he went thru this in UK and afterwards one of the officials actually showed him the image and asked him to autograph it...Seriously...don't think I want to fly...don't like myself clothed...imagine strangers looking at u naked...HORROR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Laxmi. There is no end for HORROR things of this world. It haunts us everywhere.

    ReplyDelete